Winter Season - Kitchen Porter
Kitchen Porters will be responsible for supporting the kitchen and restaurant teams to run smoothly by washing and storing dishes along with other general kitchen tasks.
Start Date: 22 November, 2023
- Collect and wash used kitchenware.
- Ensure the availability of clean dishes and cooking equipment.
- Store clean dishes and equipment appropriately.
- Cleaning food preparation areas and equipment.
- Unload food deliveries and ensure its organization.
- Taking out trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff.
- Simple food preparation.
- Report technical issues with washing equipment.
- Other general jobs in the restaurant.
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen or restaurant is a plus.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English or Japanese.
- ¥1,250 - ¥1,350 per hour.
- 25% overtime allowance for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night allowance for work between 10pm and 5am.
- 22 Nov, 2023 - 24 Mar OR 7 Apr, 2024.
- Fully paid training at the start of the season.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week.
- Hours will vary through the season depending on business levels with less hours at the start and end of the season (more riding time!) and occasional overtime work during peak periods.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season pass with an option of upgrading to All Mountain at an additional cost.
- If you do not need a pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥30,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in Hirafu starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to Kutchan Town for shopping.
Free Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Great for first-timers and beginners - free ski/snowboard group lessons with GoSnow (dependent on availability.)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.