Winter Season - Bartender
The Bartender provides a great experience to restaurant Guests by preparing drinks with efficiency and professionalism.
Start Date: 22 November, 2023
- Anticipation of Guest needs and providing recommendations.
- Preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and restaurant patrons including barista coffees and various cocktails.
- Adding value to Guest experiences through conversation.
- Restocking and replenishing bar and supplies.
- Keeping the bar area clean and in accordance to local health and safety standards.
- Ensure high levels of customer service.
- POS & register use.
- Assisting with special orders and requests from Guests.
- Resolving guest complaints with supervisors on shift.
- Upkeep of personal hygiene & cleanliness.
- Occasional washing up and other general kitchen and restaurant tasks.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous bar/restaurant and barista experience.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate level English or Japanese.
- High level of attention to detail.
- ¥1,350 - ¥1,450 per hour.
- 25% overtime allowance for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night allowance for work between 10pm and 5am.
- 22 Nov, 2023 - 24 Mar OR 7 Apr, 2024.
- Fully paid training at the start of the season.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week.
- Hours will vary through the season depending on business levels with less hours at the start and end of the season (more riding time!) and occasional overtime work during peak periods
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season pass with an option of upgrading to All Mountain at an additional cost.
- If you do not need a pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥30,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in Hirafu starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to Kutchan Town for shopping.
Free Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Great for first-timers and beginners - free ski/snowboard group lessons with GoSnow (dependent on availability.)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.