Winter Season - Bartender
Bartenders will provide exceptional customer service to Kumo Restaurant guests through the preparation and delivery of Guest drink orders and wow Guests with their conversational abilities.
Start Date: Early December 2022
- Anticipation of Guest needs and providing recommendations.
- Preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and restaurant patrons including barista coffees and various cocktails.
- Adding value to Guest experiences through conversation.
- Restocking and replenishing bar and supplies.
- Keeping the bar area clean and in accordance to local health and safety standards.
- Ensure high levels of customer service.
- POS & register use.
- Assisting with special orders and requests from Guests.
- Resolving guest complaints with supervisors on shift.
- Upkeep of personal hygiene & cleanliness.
- Occasional washing up and other general kitchen and restaurant tasks.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous bar/restaurant and barista experience.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate level English or Japanese.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- ¥1,350 - ¥1,450 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Early December to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working at Kumo Restaurant.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).