2019/20 Winter Season - Cook & Baker
Start Date: 18 November 2019
- Hands on food preparation and cooking at a workstation.
- Preparing meals and prep supplies for Kumo Restaurant and Skye Cafe Deli
- Preparing baked goods and pastries for the FoodWork Bakery
- Maintaining communication with Chef
- Prepare dishes according to our concept
- Creating ‘specials’ with Chef
- Maintaining a sanitary and neatly arranged workstation
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Experience working as a cook or baker.
- Understands how a successfully kitchen operates.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English or Japanese
- Shows high levels of attention to detail.
- 18 November 2019 to 31 March or 12 April 202, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,250 - 1,350 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).