2019/20 Winter Season - Bartender
Bartenders will provide exceptional customer service to Kumo Restaurant guests through the preparation and delivery of guests drink orders.
Start Date: 11 November 2019
- Anticipation of guest needs and providing recommendations.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and restaurant patrons.
- Check customer's identification and confirm it meets Japanese legal requirements.
- Restock and replenish bar and supplies.
- Keep bar area clean and in accordance to local health and safety standards.
- Ensure high levels of customer service.
- POS & register use.
- Resolve guest complaints with management.
- Upkeep of personal hygiene & cleanliness.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous bar experience is a plus.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English or Japanese
- Shows high levels of attention to detail.
- 11 November 2019 to 31 March or 12 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,250 - 1,350 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Kumo means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).