Winter Season - Service Staff
Kumo Restaurant Service Staff will provide exceptional customer service to guests by providing attentive table service and meeting all guests dinning needs.
Start Date: 18 November
Interested in being a part of our team?
A Note on Winter 2020/21
Winter 2020/21 will be unlike any winter we've seen before. Certainly, this will mean challenges but it will mean opportunities too. One of those opportunities might be the chance to ride a much quieter mountain than we typically see, and potentially, the season of a lifetime!
At the moment we are accepting applications for winter seasonal positions. Once we have a better idea of international travel restrictions and business levels, we'll start contacting people and arranging interviews. What we end up offering will depend both on the visa situation in Japan and in your home country.
Best of luck in your application and I hope to see you here for Winter 2020/21!
Elliot Lawes, HR Manager
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest.
- Anticipation of guest needs.
- Table service and order taking.
- Maintaining up to date menu knowledge and provide concept explanations to guest.
- Communicate with kitchen on guest orders.
- Expediting orders to each table.
- Bussing & Table cleaning.
- Keeping aware of any guest allergies or requests.
- POS & register use.
- Resolve guest complaints with management.
- Upkeep of personal hygiene & cleanliness.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous service experience is a plus.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English. Japanese not essential but highly regarded.
- November to March, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
Pay Rate - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Competitive and commensurate with experience and Japanese language ability.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above 40 per week (on average over a 2 week period)
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Your own Grand Hirafu season lift pass is available to purchase at a discounted price.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).