Winter Season - Kitchen Porter
Kitchen Porters will be responsible for supporting the kitchen and restaurant teams to run smoothly by washing and storing dishes along with other general kitchen tasks.
Start Date: Early December
- Collect and wash used kitchenware.
- Ensure the availability of clean dishes and cooking equipment.
- Store clean dishes and equipment appropriately.
- Cleaning food preparation areas and equipment.
- Unload food deliveries and ensure its organization.
- Taking out trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff.
- Simple food preparation.
- Report technical issues with washing equipment.
- Other general jobs in the restaurant.
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen or restaurant is a plus.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English or Japanese
- ¥1,250 - ¥1,350 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Early December to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working at Kumo Restaurant.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).