Winter Season - Front of House Supervisor
Kumo is seeking experienced Restaurant Supervisors to lead the Front of House team in delivering exceptional experiences and meeting all Guest dining needs.
Start Date: Late November 2022
- Oversee the running of the Front of House team for the rostered shift.
- Delegation of tasks across the team.
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each Guest.
- Anticipation of Guest and team needs.
- Table service and order taking.
- POS & register use, including pre and post shift till counts.
- Handling new reservations and questions from Guests via email and phone with the reservations software.
- Maintaining up to date menu knowledge and provide concept explanations to Guests.
- Communicate with the kitchen on Guest orders.
- Keeping aware of any Guest allergies or special requests.
- Assist with training service staff.
- Resolve Guest or team complaints on shift or escalate to F&B Manager if required.
- Ensure your teams personal hygiene & cleanliness meets the Restaurant standards.
- Experience in a management, supervisor or team leader role.
- Passionate about hospitality service with previous restaurant experience.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English. Japanese language skills not essential but highly regarded.
- ¥1,550 - ¥1,650 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Late November to early April. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working at Kumo Restaurant.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).