Winter Season - Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie will provide excellent hospitality service by preparing and cooking food to the highest of standards for Kumo Restaurant Guests.
Start Date: Mid November
- Hands on food preparation and cooking at a workstation.
- Together with the team cooking an ‘a la carte’ menu for 200 covers.
- Maintaining communication with Chef on food orders.
- Prepare dishes according to our concept.
- Creating ‘specials’ with Chef.
- Maintaining a sanitary and neatly arranged workstation.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Experience working as a Chef de Partie
- Understands how a successful kitchen operates.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English and basic conversational Japanese
- Shows high levels of attention to detail.
- Mid November to end March, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 30 - 40 hours per week (availability of work dependant).
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,200 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above 40 per week (on average over a 2 week period)
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Your own Grand Hirafu season lift pass is available to purchase at a discounted price.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).