Winter Season - Senior Chef de Partie
Senior Chef de Partie will provide excellent hospitality service by leading shifts to prepare and cook food to the highest of standards for Kumo Restaurant Guests.
Start Date: Late November 2022
- Overseeing of the food preparation and cooking at all workstations in Kumo Restaurant or our FoodWork central kitchen, throughout each rostered shift.
- Leading and directing Chef de Partie staff on shift.
- Maintaining communication with other Chefs on food orders.
- Preparing dishes according to our concept.
- Maintaining a sanitary and neatly arranged workstation.
- Assisting with special orders and requests from Guests.
- Creating ‘specials’ with the Head Chef.
- Communicating with the service team regarding orders and issues.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Assisting with ordering and stocktaking.
- Occasional washing up and other general kitchen tasks.
- Over 3 years experience working as a Chef de Partie.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Understands how a successful kitchen operates.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual and reliable individual.
- Excellent communication skills and a cohesive team player.
- Intermediate level English or Japanese.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- ¥1,650 - ¥1,700 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Late November to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working at Kumo Restaurant.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).