2019/20 Winter Season - Barista
Baristas will provide exceptional customer service through the preparation and delivering of coffee and food orders in the Skye Cafe Deli and Kumo Restaurant.
Start Date: Early November 2019
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest.
- Efficient payment processing.
- Barista style coffee preparation and service.
- Prepare or serve any baked items.
- Preparing coffee and bakery items for guest take out.
- Educate guests on a variety of beverages and their preparation.
- Handling a variety of drinks during peak business hours.
- Experience working as a barista.
- POS & register knowledge.
- Sales experience.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English. Japanese not essential but highly regarded.
- Early November 2019 to May 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,200 - 1,300 per hour. Pay rate based on previous season and subject to change.
- 25% overtime rate
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Skye Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).