Winter Season - Barista
Baristas will provide exceptional customer service through the preparation and delivering of coffee and food orders in the Skye Cafe Deli and Kumo Restaurant.
This position is now full for the 2019/20 season.
To register your interest in working with us in winter 2020/21 submit your email address below!
Start Date: 18 November
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest.
- Efficient payment processing.
- Barista style coffee preparation and service.
- Prepare or serve any baked items.
- Preparing coffee and bakery items for guest take out.
- Educate guests on a variety of beverages and their preparation.
- Handling a variety of drinks during peak business hours.
- Experience working as a barista.
- POS & register knowledge.
- Sales experience.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English. Japanese not essential but highly regarded.
- 18 November to 15 March or 12 April, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent. (*based on 2019/20 season and subject to change)
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,250 - 1,450 per hour. (*based on 2019/20 season and subject to change)
- 25% overtime rate
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Kumo means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).