Winter Season - Barista
Baristas will provide exceptional customer service through the preparation and delivering of coffee, drinks and simple food orders at the Skye Niseko Café Deli.
Start Date: Early December
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each Guest creating a welcome environment.
- Making barista style coffee, simple alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks along with simple food preparation and service.
- Processing payments including retail deli items.
- Closing down cash registers when required.
- Educate guests on a variety of beverages and deli food options.
- Cleaning down tables and handling Café garbage.
- Assisting in Kumo Restaurant as required.
- Other general restaurant/café tasks as required.
- Experience working as a barista.
- POS & register knowledge.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English. Japanese language skills not essential but highly regarded.
- ¥1,350 - ¥1,450 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Early December to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working with us.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).